Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Turning 30!

So today, I entered a new decade. To be honest, I am quite excited about it. While life isn't turning out quite how I expected - it is still pretty good.

First some reminiscing - Ten Years ago:

  • I was dating Tyron and he was about to be shipped off to Bosnia.
  • I was finishing my second year of University in hopes of become a speech pathologist.
  • My friends and their boyfriends were starting to move in together.
  • I was working at the Body Shop - and I met my dear friend Carrie. Who knew back then we'd be friends today.
  • I was preparing for my Grade 10 Piano Exam - oh how I remember the stress and the pressure.

Anyway - moving on to present day.

Today, Robert wasn't working, so he came over and made me a birthday breakfast. Okay - so it was the breakfast we usually have...but HE made it.

This afternoon, my mom and I went shopping for a desperately needed new bathing suit. I had wonderful dinner with my parents and some close family friends. We had flank steak, some grilled and steamed veggies. We topped it all off with ice cream from the Italian Market.

By far the best party of my day was when this afternoon, Robert called me to let me know that he thinks I'm a great Mom to Evan and a great girlfriend to him. Who needs birthday gifts when you get compliments like that. I will definitely go to bed with a smile on my face tonight.

4 comments:

Auntie Tracy said...

Happy Birthday ! I'm glad you had a wonderful day :-)

Dallas said...

Awww....Hope your birthday was filled with love and happiness.

missmarble said...

Sounds like a great day. I can't believe it has been 10 years!

Hugs and kisses from Lily!

Jenn said...

You are an example for us all :) Glad I got to see you two this week! Glad you had a good one.