Over the past week, we have been pretty busy. On Saturday, I anxiously and patiently awaited the news that the tenant in the townhouse we were trying to rent had moved out as planned - or rather ordered to by the management company. I was so happy and relieved to hear that he had moved out and we are able to move in pretty much any time we want. I quickly drew up my notice and delivered it to my building manager. I'm really going to miss the area and the building. I am really going to miss our building manager. She followed her gut and took a chance on me because she liked me right away and appreciated my honesty. Although I'm sure she tells everyone their her best tenant - a small part of me believes that we are her very best!
We started Canada Day off by attending the pancake breakfast at Oliver Park. It gave me an opportunity to clean out my cupboards for a donation to the Food Bank and I also got to meet up with my co-workers. Later that night, we took Evan to see his very first fireworks. We headed down 121 Street to the River Valley Promenade - the one that runs from 116 St to 121 St above the Victoria Park and Golf Course. I certainly didn't expect it to be such a wonderful spot to view the fireworks. We were far enough away that the noise didn't frighten Evan - but still close enough that he was mesmerized by the show. He was his usual charming self with everyone around us. In fact, they were all checking to see how he was reacting to the fireworks.

The remainder of our week has consisted of finishing my class, packing, and visiting with family. More posts and pictures to come.
1 comment:
Awwww good idea about the promenade. hope we can make it next year!!
Post a Comment