Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Evan's Second Weigh-In

Today, Evan has a check-up and we will find out if my efforts to fatten my boy up have been successful. At his 12-month immunizations, he only weighed 18 pounds and 2 ounces. Everyone who knows us knows that Evan does not go without food. He loves to eat, but he also plays hard everyday. Since his shots, we've stopped giving him juice and water. All he gets right now is milk or a can of Ensure every other day. I believe he gets a nice variety of foods from all the food groups. I usually send him to daycare with 3 servings of fruits and veggies, 1 serving of meat, 2 servings of dairy and 2 servings of grain.

On the same day that Evan had his immunizations, he took his very first steps. Although I suspect he was motivated by the McDonald's bag I was holding. Ever since then, he hasn't really tried to walk again. I put on his shoes that have the squeakers in them to see if that would motivate him. As he started pushing his walker, he noticed his feet were squeaking - so he kept looking down trying to figure out what was going on. It was pretty sweet. Once he figured out his steps were making the squeaking noises, he made a few more attempts to walk.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow. I'm impressed at how organized you are with Evan's foods and etc. Idk if I'll EVER be that organized! lol

Glad the boy is nearly upwardly mobile!

Keltie said...

I NEVER thought I would be this organized. The thing is - I HAVE to do it. If I don't make my lunch, I can always go somewhere and buy something

You'll pull of being a mom - I have somehow managed to do it

Dallas said...

So....what does he "weigh in" at now?


(P.S. Good job momma!!!)