So the last two weeks have been full of drama. Now drama isn't always a bad thing. The first round of drama has led to a promotion for yours truly. Since we are in the midst of Session, the details of my exact duties and my subsequent pay increase haven't been hammered out yet - but once my colleagues and I are free from the stress of Session, these things will be sorted out. In the meantime, I have been learning of my duties as they have been required. For instance, sitting in on a meeting I'm supposed to attend from now on...with a minutes notice. OR - finding out I am supposed to coordinate the office moves of two of my colleagues. OR - finding out I'm in charge of our new Contact Management Software thingy. The fact that I called it a 'thingy' should ring some alarm bells for my Chief of Staff. She apparently has some confidence in my skills - or I wouldn't have been offered this promotion.
Round two of the drama came to light today. Our amazing receptionist has been scooped up by another employer who no doubt had a better offer for her in a job that actually uses her skills and education. I will miss working with her and our weekly chats about 'The Hills' and 'America's Next Top Model' So the 5 member administrative team I joined in September of this year has been whittled down to 3.
With all that being said - Evan had his flu shot booster last night, so I hope he crashes early like he did last time and I can spend the night coming down from the craziness of today.
Maybe all this craziness is happening so that I will REALLY appreciate the pedicure I am finally getting tomorrow with my dear friend Dallas.
1 comment:
I knew it! Congrats! And soon as session is over you can figure out the names of "thingies." No worries!
Oooh pedicure. I am insanely jealous. The dude got a g/c for one for his b-day. I *may* have to crash that party :) Hope you two enjoyed it!
Post a Comment