Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sneaky!

Holy cow! Christmas has snuck up on me! I've had it in the back of my mind for while, but now it's two weeks away. I've had my Christmas Tree up since November 25, and luckily Evan has not pulled the tree over. He mostly just admires the pewter ornaments and turns them over in his hand while saying "Oohhh" Despite the tree being up, I still feel like Christmas is sneaking up on me.

I've done a small amount of Christmas shopping and plan to finish it off on Friday evening. I need to keep reminding myself that I needn't by ANYTHING else for Evan. Speaking of gifts for Evan, my dad and I (and Evan) went to visit my Aunt Susan and Uncle Bryan. My dad wanted to give them their gift before he headed back to Victoria - and they wanted to see Evan open their gift to him. While Evan loves his gift - I am very impressed by it. In a world of junky toys that are quickly cast aside and other toys that are recalled - my Aunt truly found a gem.



On the two sides you don't see are an abicus and a Pathfinder Maze.

I'm really looking forward to our trip to Victoria. As it turns out, we won't be able to fit in a trip to Seattle to see the Seahawks. But - I am going with my mom to take Evan to see Santa in Victoria. I know she will get a real joy out of taking her grandson to see Santa. Evan will probably just cry.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

When are you going to Victoria? For how long?