This afternoon, my colleagues and I headed over to the Alberta Liberal Party office on 124 Street to sign our contracts and have a quickie orientation. Now...all we can do is wait for the election writ to be dropped. For those who aren't up to speed, I currently work as a Senior Administrator for the Alberta Liberal Caucus. Bascially, we support the Libeal MLAs in their roles in the Legislature and as critics of the government. About a month ago, the Alberta Liberals' Campaign Chair approached me about working for them during the election. Naturally, I had concerns about salary and scheduling. Once those concerns had been addressed, I felt there was no good reason not to go work on the upcoming election campaign.
Like I said...now we all wait. At least I now know what I will be doing on this campaign. I will be in charge of Media Monitoring. What does that mean? Well, I am responsible for the following:
1. ensuring the relevant segments of morning, lunch hour, evening and late evening TV news and radio broadcasts are recorded.
2. Maintain an archivl system of the recoded TV and radio broadcasts.
3. On a daily basis, review recorded segments of TV and radio station broadcasts, newspaper clippings, and wire service information.
4. Summarizing information from TV, radio, newspaper, and wire service sources and distribute electronically to campaign staff 3 times daily: 7:30 am, 1:30 pm, 7:30 pm.
5. Provide verbal reports on selected media coverage at daily war room meetings, at 7:30 am and 7:30 pm
6. Monitor selected radio stations throughout the day and provide regular updates on election-related coverage to the War Room Manager and other campaign staff.
It sounds like a lot - and it is - but I won't be doing it myself. I have another girl working with me who will cover the evening and most of the weekend coverage.
If you don't know who to vote for....I'm begging you to help me stay employed and VOTE LIBERAL!
Wish me luck!
3 comments:
You can put a sign on my lawn, I mean snowbank, the minute the election is called! You know I'm voting Liberal. Plus, the sign will really annoy my very Conservative husband. tee hee!
So honestly - is it okay if I give either your phone number or addy to Hugh's campaign people?
Sure!
Post a Comment