After last night's election, all I can say is that I am almost speechless.
No one expected us to lose any, much less nearly half of our seats. We all figured the worst case scenario would have us with roughly the same number of MLAS - but not half of the MLAs we had prior to the election.
Instead of having the next few days off to relax and unwind, we're all back at the office getting ready to help those MLAs who did not get re-elected pack up their offices. It is going to be very hard to say good bye to these wonderful people I have worked with since 2005.
While I don't understand why Albertans made this decision, the decision has been made and I have to move forward. So far, it looks like my job is safe, but I will have confirmation later this week. In the meantime, I have a ticket to the Leader's Dinner tommorow night AND a babysitter for Evan. Looking at the short-term outcomes, life is looking good.
1 comment:
We didn't get to vote; we didn't get cards in the mail to do it, nor did we know where to vote. Unfortunatly for your constituents, my support would have been for the NDP. We are a little behind on our taxes so our information with elections canada is more than likely out of date. At least the people who bought our house would know where to go :o(
I can't beleive people wanted the PC's to be in office still; who wants a passive government. Ed Stelmach doesn't represent any of my families views or concerns with this province on a whole. My mom was all for him - why he's from her riding in Fort Saskatchewan - that's a reason to vote for someone isn't it? Not!
Post a Comment