Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Writing

I love writing. I used to do it a lot. In grade school I would write really creative stories and thoughtful poetry. As life has marched on, writing has fallen by the wayside...especially writing for fun. A few weeks ago, I received a postcard in the mail inviting entries to a contest to write a 250 word story using the picture as an inspiration:

First prize is one free course during Women's Words, a writing week put on by the Faculty of Extension. I've been thinking about what to write for this contest. I think I am going to write from the perspective of the woman in the purple outfit. Once written and submitted, I will be brave and share it with you - my small circle of readers.

1 comment:

missmarble said...

This postcard has been staring at me from the front of my fridge for weeks. I have a paragraph started. I really need to finish it.

Sending good writing vibes your way in hopes that they will come round my way!