Monday, January 09, 2006

Weekend Update

Okay, so my weekend updates are not nearly as funny as those on Saturday Night Live...but I'd like to think that some people find them entertaining.

On Friday night, Robert and I went for dinner at Lux Steakhouse & Bar. When we first got there, the waitress asked if we had reservations. We told her we didn't and she said she would see what she could do. I think it was some kind of stalling tactic because many tables were free. Anyway, after we were seated, we checked out the menu. YOWZA! It was pricey. We started with the best tasting spinach and artichoke dip. We also ordered some pretty tasty ceasers. They had a whole page of different varieties of ceasers, so we were both in heaven. We each ordered a New York Strip steak. You had to order your sides seperately. Our amazing waiter told us that the potatoes could easily be shared. So on his advice, we shared some potatoes and mushrooms. The dinner was amazing. The steaks tasted so good and were so tender. The accompanying side dishes were amazing! We only wish we had room for dessert because I'm sure they would be equally amazing. Our bill was pretty substantial, so it is not a place we'll eat at very often...but we will eat there again.

On Saturday, we really didn't do much. I went to do some shopping and scored two pairs of jeans at the Gap for $40 each. Both Robert and I were so tired we just vegetated. Dallas had invited us over to watch the game and have some drinks, but we didn't get the message until it was too late.

Yesterday, we had another very lazy day. We went for lunch at Albert's and came back and vegetated in front of the television. The timer buzzer on my stove won't shut off without unplugging the stove, so Robert tried to fiddle with it. And the buzzer did stop...for two minutes!! So I think tonight, I will take off the back panel and disable the clock and timer on my stove.

Today, Robert came to my office...but not without getting lost first. He assured me that he knew where he was going. Apparently he walked into the wrong building and got attacked by a puppy!! Anyway, he took me for lunch to Martini's. It was sooooo good. I had a shrimp and scallop fettucine alfredo, and Robert had a curry shrimp pasta. Hopefully he doesn't smell too much of curry tonight...although it might be payback for the garlicky stench I was giving off after dinner with Dallas at the Mongolie Grill.

Tonight is laundry night and hopefully killing the timer buzzer on the stove!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arhgh! Stop talking about food! I am so jealous that you are able to eat - and a good steak is one of my favorite things...

When I can eat, I'll have to treat Bryan to an amazing steak dinner for all the things he's done over the last few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Silly buzzer. Maybe you were on a hidden camera game show. "How long till the buzzer is disabled? Look at the frustration on their faces!! Join us next week as a granny goes psycho and beats her buzzer with her clogging shoes!!"