Saturday, December 30, 2006

First Christmas

Oh my - last weekend, my computer fell upon some technical distress. I was trying to view a PDF from the Government of Alberta web site about introducing solid foods to babies. When that wouldn't load, I restarted my computer - and it hasn't been the same yet. A dear family friend has come to my rescue and is healing my computer while I borrow one of his!!!

So Evan's first Christmas - to him it was just any other day. It was a pretty quiet day. My parents spent Christmas out in Victoria and we spent Christmas with Craig and Jodi.

A few months ago, my mom brought over my old Christmas Stocking. It was a lot cleaner than I remember it to be. Anyway, it is now Evan's stocking. Santa filled it with a bathtub book and a Baby Einstein DVD.



Evan got numerous outfits - most of which are too big for him right now - but here's a picture of one that Auntie Carrie gave him. I think he really likes it!



Craig and Jodi gave Evan a bear from Build-A-Bear. For their other nephew's first Christmas - he also got a Build-A-Bear - so the tradition continues. We just need to pick a name for the bear - we were thinking 'Messy' Evan really seems to like his bear a lot.



Unfortunately, I forgot to put on Evan's 'First Christmas Bib' I really wanted to get a picture of him wearing it - so after we got home, and Evan woke up, we put it on him and snapped a couple pictures.



Merry Christmas to all and a very Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Glad Evan's first Christmas was good! We are having a year of first as well and are really enjoying every new discovery.

There is a book called Baby's Table that gives you the low down in solids. K is now 5 months so I'll be picking it up soon.

Again, congrats!

Jenn said...

OMG Evan gets cuter every picture I see of him. I'm in love!

Glad Christmas treated him well- how was it for YOU?

Hope to see you soon and happy 2007!

missmarble said...

Keltie - I just bought the Ann Douglas book - Mealtime Solutions for your baby, toddler and preschooler. It's good - and Canadian...