Sunday, March 11, 2007

So Lame!

I can't believe it has been over a week since I last posted to this blog. It has just been such a whirlwind of activity. We've been busy introducing Evan to his first solid foods. So far, cereal is a hit - but it is an even bigger hit when it is mixed with apple sauce or bananas. Right now, the jury is out on mashed potatoes.

On Friday, Evan and I met Dallas and Carrie (and Paige and Lily) for lunch at Boston Pizza before heading to the Mom Pop & Tots Fair. Our lunch was really good and the kidlets were so well behaved. Lily sat very patiently in her stroller and Evan sat very willingly in the high chair - although he kept trying to chew the table. Paige was so good with Lily and Evan. She just wants to love all over those two. The Mom Pop & Tots Fair was alright. Evan had a blast with his Auntie Dallas who was making him giggle and laugh so hard. I have the sweetest picture, but need to get permission from Dallas to post it.

I picked up the cutest pair of shoes for Evan. They are very cute and will squeak when he walks.


On Saturday, we went to Kotoukis on the South Side to celebrate a friend's birthday. This meant leaving Evan with Carrie and Bryan for the night. By all reports, Evan was fine for about 20 minutes - when he realized I was gone. I had a great time at the restaurant. I danced with the belly dancer and even managed to do some greek dancing in my pointy-toed stilleto boots without falling on my butt. I picked up a sleepy (and hungry) Evan at around 11 pm.

Today, we just took it easy, mostly because I was wiped from the previous night's celebrations.

Tomorrow, Evan has his 6 month immunizations. I'm not really sure what to expect this time. After his 2 month shots, he was very quiet and introverted and slept a lot. After his 4 month shots, he was okay for the first day but became very uncomfortable the next day. I guess what I have learned is to expect the unexpected when it comes to Evan.

No comments: