So, our day began somewhat strangely. Every other Wednesday, we met up with Carrie and Lily on the #1 Bus to attend Stars and Strollers at WEM. Through some kind of bizaar scheduling snafu, Carrie and Lily wound up on the early bus and didn't figure it out until their bus came to my stop and Evan and I weren't there.
This left me to my own devices to deal with the crazies on my bus - including a young man who thought I should name my next son Stephenson and nickname him Steps.
As we were waiting in line to pay for our movie tickets, I noticed there was an older gentleman with, who I assume has the misfortune of being his wife, standing off to the side of the line. They were looking up, reading the movie times - so I wasn't sure if they were in line. Since it was almost my turn, I asked the man if he was waiting in line. He rudely told me "Of course, you saw me walk up here." I replied "Well, I didn't know if you were in line or just looking at the movie times." He repeated himself to me and may have even said something about ME being rude. I just said that it would have been rude of me not to ask and that he should relax.
After that - our day got better. We saw Spider Man 3 and there were only two other moms in the theatre. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie - and Evan, bless his timing, saw it fit to babble and giggle during a rather emotional funeral scene. That's my boy.
Afterwards, I exchanged a nursing shirt that had majorly pilled after 1 wash and 2 wears. Fortunately, the lady at Thyme Maternity let me do an exchange without a receipt. I scored a nice sleeveless black nursing shirt. Given the scorching temperatures we are expecting this weekend - I should be able to get some good use out of it.
On the way home, Evan fought off a nap...but not for long. Once I laid him back, he was out until almost 7 pm.
What started out so strangely ended so nicely.
5 comments:
I am jealous - sounds like a fantastic day! I can't wait to see Speiderman 3, and I can't wait to start shopping at Thyme Maternity again!!
Shop now Dallas, before they bring in the silly winter stuff! Although, I am jealous, because the fall/winter stuff was soooo cute last year. I wasn't pregnant enough to wear the winter stuff, and by the time I was pregnant enough, it was too damn hot and I was living in the bathtub.
Evan, Auntie Carrie apologizes for getting on the bus early. It won't happen again!
Woah. Wierdoes make the world go 'round...
just keep in mind that yesterday was a full moon and we all know that's when the freaks walk the earth! :)
Love the new foot picture!
Thanks - Evan and were just chilling out on the couch together and he had has feet up on my leg. At first - they were crossed (of course).
I just love his fat feet!!!
Post a Comment