Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'll Shut Up Now AKA - I will eat my words

So I was chatting with my friend Carrie last night and we were talking about her latest blog entry - how Lily pulled herself into standing while in her crib. I told her that must be so exciting and (I quote) - "I'm so glad Evan can't quite reach the top of his playpen to pull himself up"

Today, while Robert and I were napping, I came out to check on Evan in his play pen. He was being unusually quiet and I thought he might have fallen asleep. Nope - there he was...holding onto the edge of his playpen, standing and watching his Baby Einstein DVD.

Yesterday, we had Evan's 9-month check-up. I am so happy to say that he now weighs 17 pounds and 12 ounces. I was so excited about his weight gain that I didn't hear how tall he is. I have been a little anxious about Evan's growth and whether or not he's eating enough. Evan got the A-OK and his Dr. answered all my questions. Apparently, putting my SPF 45 sunscreen is a little much for Evan. His doctor said an SPF 15 would be fine.

Man I'm white!

1 comment:

missmarble said...

At least the playpens have mesh. Lily's feet get stuck in her crib slats all the time. Imagine Evan's chubby Fred Flintstone feet in crib slats!

Lily uses the side of her playpen to stand up. She presses her head against the mesh, and pushes herself up with her legs, leaving mesh marks on her face when she finally gets to a standing position.