So this past weekend was my first ever weekend away from Evan. He stayed with Craig and Jodi and I went to a Scrapbooking retreat at Pigeon Lake. It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it might be. My family fully expected I would call to check in on Evan...but I didn't. Not really. I called my dad once I got to Pigeon Lake to make sure he didn't have any problems picking Evan up from daycare. Otherwise, I just figured everything was fine unless I heard otherwise.
I had so much fun and learned so much at the retreat. I got five page layouts done and finished 4 page designs from my HOTM club that I missed in February and March. I was kind of hoping to finish Evan's first year album, but I've been told that compared with other people's first scrapping retreats I got a lot done. When I have a chance, I will post pictures of my completed pages. I'm really proud of what I did and thankful to my table mates for helping me. I didn't just scrapbook - I treated myself to an hour long massage on Saturday. The best part is - 100% of it will be covered by my benefits...so it ultimately won't cost me a thing.
After a hairy drive home, I went to pick up Evan from Craig and Jodi's. I have to tell you there is nothing better than having your son run into your arms after being apart for the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment