Sunday, April 27, 2008

Great Weekend!

Well, this weekend did not start out so well - but ultimately, it turned out to be a great weekend.

On Friday night, out of the blue... Evan started puking - A LOT! We each had 3 wardrobe changes and one shower. At that point, I wasn't certain that we would be attending any of our weekend plans - Farmer's Market, my HOTM, staying the night at the Will's and Paige's 3rd birthday party.

On Saturday, Evan woke up a 9 am. After a stomach friendly breakfast - oatmeal, water and applesauce - we headed to living room where Evan just was not his usual playful self. In fact, he fell asleep at 11 am! I thought for sure that our weekend was shot. At about 12:45 pm - Evan woke-up to his favourite show and started dancing. At 1 pm, I fed him lunch and his appetite seemed to have returned somewhat. As Evan ate his lunch, I pondered and pondered whether or not to go ahead with our plans - minus the Farmer's Market. I decided to go for it. I quickly ran around the house, packed up my scrapbooking stuff, and some overnight items and we headed out the door at 2 pm.

I'm so glad I did.

I, as usual, really enjoyed my scrapbooking with Dallas. I had a wonderful dinner and was suckered in my playing with Darren or Dallas' Nintendo DS (I TOTALLY want one!). Evan was back to his old playful self - with a few bumps in the road that required time-out.

Today, I woke up early and got ready for Paige's birthday party. After a yummy breakfast, we headed to Millenium Place for the celebration. Evan had so much fun swimming and playing in the play area. Lunch was very yummy too. Evan apparently likes eating spinach dip! Go figure! After lunch and cake, all the kids headed back to the play area. We finally left at around 2:45 - and I could tell Evan was worn out. We didn't even make it to Baseline Road before Evan fell asleep.

Considering it was such a busy weekend - I feel rather refreshed and revitalized! Thank you to everyone that was a part of this wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

missmarble said...

EWww. That's the flu that swept through 2 households here this week. Bryan, Lily, then me. Then my Mom, Dad and Craig.

Glad you still had fun!

sleeplessnights04 said...

Fortunately it was a quick flu :o) Stirling is on his second run of antibiotics for strep throat. He had it at the beginning of April and has cuaght it again from daycare. David and I didn't catch it the first time, but we were on the meds too just to keep it from passing around again. This time I think David and I both have it; we woke with sore throats this morning :o( Don't let Evan get it and if he does make sure daycare knows about it and actually tells the other parents - otherwise it just gets passed around forever. Toddlers are also awful for letting you know when they are really sick - if he has a fever or gets a rash on his stomach I would take him to his pediatrician.