My favourite time of the day is Evan's bedtime...and not for the obvious reasons.
Evan and I have what I consider to be a very special bedtime routine that I treasure. I turn on 'The Spa' music channel on my digital cable to help slow my active boy down. We sit in the chair and read several stories, but we always end off with 'Goodnight Moon'. After we finish our final story, we spend a few minutes cuddling to the quiet soothing music. Evan wraps his arms around me and lays his head on my shoulder. After a few minutes, I take my sweet boy up to bed where he snuggles up with his bear and I tuck him under the blanket my Aunt Janice made especially for Evan. I kiss him goodnight and tell him I love him.
I know this routine can't stay the same forever. Eventually, Evan will want nothing to do with sitting in my lap, reading stories or cuddling to quiet music. For right now he likes it, and I love the quiet time we share together before he goes to bed.
2 comments:
You're right...he'll be pushing curfew and begging to borrow the car before you know it.
Cherish every moment.
Enjoy this while it lasts - now it's 'I need a hug' or 'I need to talk to you', unfortunately it's just another excuse to not go to sleep.
Post a Comment