Evan and I just got back from our ten day trip to Victoria (and surrounding areas). Evan was so good on the flights. The next time we fly to Victoria (at Christmas), Evan will finally have his very own seat!
On our first day, we arrived to my parents' house and their neighbours are in the process of having this massive rock wall built (more on that in another post). There was a digger there...and Evan just LOVED watching the 'chine hard at work. Throughout the week, he would go up to my dad's office and stand on a small chair and watch the 'chine moving and hauling giant rocks. The man driving the digger was so nice, and offered to let Evan sit in the driver's seat (with the engine turned off of course)
The next day, Thursday, we had our standing appointment with John the hairdresser. I think my hair is a little short, but I am thrilled with how Evan's hair looks.
On Sunday, we had a busy day. We started out with going to the beach to try and see some swans in the lagoon. Last time we tried, the swans were not there...we were no luckier this time around. However, Evan had a wonderful time throwing rocks in the water. Unfortunately, he didn't realize how slippery the mud and muck was, so he fell a few times...hence the poop like stains on his clothes. Of course, I did not have a change of clothes. My sweet boy rode home in nothing more than his diaper.

Later that night, we headed to downtown Victoria for 'Splash', where the Victoria Symphony Orhestra assembles on a barge and performs in the bay.

It was so cool to listen to such wonderful music outside on a beautiful night. Evan was dancing and clapping and showing off his moves to the crowd. One couple commented on how it was 'ballsy' of me to dress him in Edmonton Eskimos gear on BC day (It was B.C.'s 150th birthday that weekend). I jokingly asked if they objected because the Esks beat the Lions a few nights ago.
The next day, we took the ferry from Sydney to Anacortes, Washington. From there we drove to La Conner, a VERY small town, and checked out their shops and galleries. We were going to get a hotel in Mount Vernon, but that turned out to be a small, dumpy industrial town. So, we kept driving to Bellingham. The next day, my dad took Evan to a fantastic nearby park, while my mom and I partook in some serious shopping. We hit the Wal Mart store for some cheap underwear, make-up and Evan's latest obsession, a DVD copy of Finding Nemo. Afterwards, we headed over to Ross Dress for Less. It's kind of like Winners but CHEAPER. I got a pair of Liz Claiborne Pants ($22.99), a Dockers Skirt with shorts underneath ($7.99) and a collapsable toy bin for Evan ($2.99). My Mom picked up a Carter's reversible fleece jacket ($13.99) for Evan. Later that day, we headed up to Mission, B.C. to visit with my Uncle Brad and his wife Judy and my cousins Brittany and Douglas. We came back to Victoria on Wednesday afternoon and took it easy for the rest of the day.
On Thursday we went to Butchart Gardens. It's so pretty and so different everytime I go there. All the flowers and shrubs seemed to be exploding! I didn't take too many pictures as I was admiring the flowers and Evan was enamoured with the various water features.

Today, my mom dropped us off at a local park before she went to do errands. I had planned to play with Evan and walk home. No more than 10 minutes passed before Evan let out this blood curdling cry/scream. He had been stung by a hornet or wasp. When I picked him up, he got stung again. I forgot those FUCKERS (pardon my french) just keep biting. So I abandoned the stroller for a bit and ran away from the scene of the crime. Long story short, we did a lot of walking to get some Benadryl (no success!), and wound up waiting for my mom to come home to drive us to Rexall. Not exactly a great way to end an otherwise wonderful trip. The flight home was good, Evan was excellent and was very happy to see his 'Bu-Pa' again.
Me...I'm just happy to be back in my own bed again!
1 comment:
I loved your long post! Sounds like you both had a fabulous time. I look forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment