Sunday, August 24, 2008

What $50-$60K looks like?

While Evan and I were out in Victoria, my parents' neighbours were building a rock wall to help build up a grassy area for their dog. Now I would say that my friends and I are far from poor, but we're not millionaires either. Every day, when I walked by this wall, I couldn't believe my parents' neighbours were spending nearly $60K on the rock wall. I actually thought of Dallas and Darren who are in the middle of building their own rock wall. Anyway, long story short...here's what 60 thousand dollars will buy you in Victoria. This includes labour performed by not-to-shabby looking landscapers.




Here's a picture of the wall with my dad beside it...for scale.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

missmarble said...

But it's an ugly rock wall. They should have spent another $20k for a pretty rock wall. Imagine the rock wall builders then!

Keltie said...

I should have also mentioned that it wasn't done yet and it was going to be power washed and polished.

When we left, there was about another week or two's worth of work.