Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My Sweet Boy!

Well, today my sweet boy turned 2.

When he was born two years ago, I wasn't really concerned (yet) about how my life was going to change. I was concerned about what I was going to do with a boy! I was the first of my close friends to have a boy. After all is said and done, I am so happy to have had a boy. We have a very special relationship and bond that is difficult to explain.

Evan was (and still is) such a sweet boy that draws attention wherever we went. On a trip to Victoria, my mom's choir was so enamoured with him that they sang him the most beautiful lullaby.
(look at how small he was)

The first year was a huge learning curve, but we both survived with minimal damage. Here is Evan at 7: 39 am on his first birthday. This was easy to do because at the time, we were still co-sleeping for the early hours of the morning.


In Evan's second year, he started going to daycare and learning life's lessons - both easy and hard. Lessons such as when you have fabulous, long curly hair, other kids will want to pull it. When other kids pull it, the daycare teachers must come up with a soloution.

Even after two haircuts and a few tumbles, my sweet boy still has his 'Happy Feet' (although they will never replace Nemo)



The bottom line is that Evan and I have each survived two years of one another with minimal damage and lots of love and cuddles.


Evan Ken Watson at 7:39 am on September 2, 2008
Officially a 2-Year-Old!

No comments: