I had a sucky day! The only good part of my day was picking up Evan from daycare and going to see Erin (& Scott's) sweet boy Oscar. Aside from that here is the order of shit (in one case, literally) that placed itself throughout my day.
1. I slept in. Big. Time. Slept in until the time we normally leave. The ONLY reason I woke up was because Evan was crying. Evan was crying because he had both his legs stuck in one leg of his footed PJs. Thinking back - he kind of looked like a mermaid.
2. I had to dodge questions about one of my admin co-worker's job status. My chief of staff was away today and, thus, not available to field these questions. She is going to lose her job, it is just a matter of when. She just got back from Belize. Welcome Back N**e**n!! Stupid MLA priorities!
3. I had planned to go to Canadian Tire and Ikea tonight, but it was FAR more important to go see Baby Oscar and check in on my friend. Going to CT and Ikea would have been pushing DS too much...and it's a good thing I didn't. Now I won't get to either until at least Wednesday night.
4. While hurriedly preparing Evan's dinner, Evan decided my plain white walls were just too boring. He decided to decorate the wall with a Crayola Pip Squeaks marker. A bright pink marker! Fortunately, they're washable. I didn't even need to scrub. The marks came right off when I sprayed at Evan's artwork with the cleaner.
5. On the way up to dinner, I noticed a wet spot on the back of his t-shirt. It wasn't water. For the first time in a very long time...Evan had a blow out. A HUGE blow out. Now try convincing this kid who is on his was to FINALLY eat dinner that he in fact needs a bath.
I know I am a very fortunate person and life could be a lot worse....but BOY did I have a rough night.
2 comments:
Blame it on the full moon. And keep the picture of Evan the mermaid in your head - it will make you laugh.
Oh....I don't miss the blow outs!! Sorry to hear your day was sooo rough. Hope this week gets better.
Post a Comment