Thursday, February 25, 2010

January's gone and February is nearly done!

I need to be better about keeping up my blog. I love writing...always have. By the time I leave work, pick up my son, go home, make dinner, etc etc etc, I just don't feel like I have the energy to do it.

So far, 2010 has a 50% success rate. January dealt me a lot of challenges...some of them were anticipated while others completely blindsided me. I have chosen to see those challenges as a means to make me appreciate the long weekend I had away and our upcoming 2 week vacation.

My friends and family have been awesome...willing to help me at the drop of a hat and being so thoughtful.

February has been pretty great...for the most part. Evan started back at his new/old daycare, and he hasn't looked back. In the mornings he is more than happy to see me leave so that he can play with his new friends. When I pick him, although he is ready to come home, he cheerfully waves and yells, "Bye Bye Teacher! Bye Bye friends!" I couldn't be more pleased. Evan spends less time commuting and more time playing. I get home before 5:30 pm most nights. I am just loving it.

I never understood why, at the end of every calendar year some people seem to always say 'good riddance' to 20XX. I just don't get it. I began to understand when we had such a trying start to the New Year...but I am choosing to see the positive in what has come of January.

1. Evan is much happier.
2. Even though I will have to pay for Evan's orthodontic care now...it's a far smaller bill now than if I wait.
3. I don't need to jump through any more hoops to get Evan a passport or to travel internationally with him.

With that...I continue to keep my chin up, try to be a better parent, a better sibling and daughter, and try to be a better friend. Because Evan, Craig, my mom & dad, and my friends deserve it.

1 comment:

missmarble said...

Honey - you are an amazing mom and friend. We are always here for you, no matter what. Pay it forward when you can, we know you will. Here's to a better rest of the year. Love you!