Today, Robert met up with my co-workers and I for Taste of Edmonton. While it rained for a little bit, we still had a really good time. It wasn't too crowded and we had lots of good food. We first tried the buffalo skewers from Normands. Robert and I then had a chili garlic shrimp on curry rice. Very very tasty. There was a moment of weirdness however. We were browsing the booths and we came across the Hilton Garden Inns booth and who was working there...Orville. I just took Robert's arm and we moved along - quickly. Do I feel badly about not stopping to say hello? Absolutely not. Some of you may remember a hateful e-mail he sent me last June trying to use our history together to cast doubt in my mind about Robert. He even admitted in a later e-mail that he had lied. Anyway, I wasn't even the last person to talk to him - last June, Robert told Orville I did not want talk to him anymore and I did not want him to call.
Needless to say, and as you can tell, this kind of took me by surprise today. I didn't think our paths would cross...especially at Taste of Edmonton.
After that brief encounter - all four of us continued to pig out like animals. Robert and I shared Garlic Potatoes and some ginger beef. We all went for a second round of buffalo skewers and then finished off with different desserts. Robert had balsamic straberries with vanilla creamcheese mousse. Jim had a beaver tail and I had strawberries in Grand Marnier with vanilla cream.
I still have a whole bunch of tickets left - so if we go to a movie tonight, we may stop in for a snack!!!!
Because I need to get in a silly mood - quickly:
| Your Monster Profile |
![]() Insane Hitchhiker You Feast On: Lasanga You Lurk Around In: Las Vegas You Especially Like to Torment: Hicks |

2 comments:
I can empathize with your feelings of weirdness. Seeing any kind of ex... (boyfriends, crushes, friends, lovers, even ex-teachers)kinda always throws me into an emotional throwback state in which I can suddenly remember EVERYthing that person ever made me feel. Although it can be a good thing, it is often awful. I don't blame you one little bit for walking on by.
Good for you! I would have done the same. Considering what he said about/to you...
Post a Comment