Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Extra Long-Weekend

So Dallas had a feeling that something wasn't right...hopefully her gut feeling had to do with the fact I was right sick on Thursday night. It was one of two things:

1. Chicken Quesidillas from Brewsters
2. Slight case of heat exhaustion.

I suspect the heat finally got to me. I was so tired and a bit quesy on Friday - I wound up staying home. I think poor Robert is suffering from the same thing today. Yeah, we're both pretty wimpy when it comes to the hot weather.

On Canada Day, I met up with my colleagues to help serve up cake at a local community pancake breakfast. Afterwards, we went for lunch at Ricky's and then went our seperate ways. That night, Robert and I decided it wasn't really worth it to venture out to see the fire-works. Instead, we stayed in and had some cold beers and a really good conversation that included extreme kudos to Dallas and Darren on their parenting skills.

Yesterday, I went to the dentist for the first time....in three years! My friends - I strongly advise against waiting this long. I waited so long because I didn't have dental coverage for a while and I was nervous that I would have to have more oral surgery done. For those whoe don't know - a few years back, I dealt with a brutal recovery from a tonsillectamy. Anyway, everything looks good - no cavities or decay. BUT, I have to go back for part 2 of the hygiene appointment. That's what three years of plaque build-up will get you - 2 hygiene appointments. Oh well - at least I don't need any dental work done.

I just got some exciting news from my friend Cindy. For those who are having a hard time remember who Cindy is - I used to work with her at Alberta Energy. On Friday, June 30, Cindy and Jason (her s.o.) got engaged!!!

Your Dosha is Pitta

You have a quick mind, a gift for persuasion, and a sharp sense of humor.
You have both the drive and people skills to be a very successful leader.
Argumentative and a bit stubborn, you have been known to be a little too set in your ways.
But while you may be biased toward your own point of view, you are always honest, fair, and ethical.

With friends: You are outgoing and open to anyone who might want to talk to you

In love: You are picky but passionate

To achieve more balance: Be less judgmental of those around you, and take cool walks in the moonlight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a "Dosha"???

Keltie said...

I don't know what a dosha is - maybe some kind of energy force, like an aura!

Keltie said...

I don't know what a dosha is - maybe some kind of energy force, like an aura!