So last night was far more bearable thanks to the strategic placement of my two fans. I still had a hard time getting to sleep last night, so I decided I was going to watch the Daily Show at midnight. Well, about two seconds into the show I guess Shaw was doing some network maintenance because not only did I lose my cable signal, my phone (also with Shaw) was out! Damn!
Anyway, I've had some requests about how my interview with the Canadian Paraplegic Association went. I felt like it went really well. I was feeling pretty sick, but those who know me know that I mustered up the energy to be outgoing and positive. My mom was nice enough to give me a ride to and from the interview. This was a very good thing because my interview started at 10:45 am and didn't end until around noon! They said I would hear by the end of this week, but I will definitely write it off if I don't hear from them by Wednesday of next week. Overall, I feel pretty confident about the interview. It would definitely be a new experience to work for a non-profit organization. All of my 'real' job experience since graduating has been government-related. It would be nice to expand my job experience. Now that I have typed all of this out, I will come home to find a voice-mail from the CPA. That tends to happen to me.
As for how I would handle leaving this job, my parents and I decided it would be best to say that I was head-hunted. This isn't ENITRELY a lie. A friend of my parents' works for a staffing agency and she advised me of the job posting. I also saw the posting on the PR jobline. I think in the interest of not burning bridges, I will stick with the head-hunting story.
Having said that - it is time to sign off from work and get the heck out of here!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment