Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Dealing with it!

So I think the worst of my cold has passed - I still have a bit of a cough but it is a hell of a lot more manageable than what I was coping with last week.

While I understand many people are enjoying this bout of excessive heat, I'm not really sure how to deal with it. My apartment is west facing and got damn hot last night. These are some of what I've done to cope with the heat:

1. Enlisted Robert to set up the fans and windows so that air is circulating effectively.
2. Three showers a day!
3. Clothing -> mostly optional
4. Cleaned out the fridge and freezer
5. Go to local restaurant for beer or Strongbow

I am soooo tempted to buy an air conditioner. What would really help is having one of those window fans that Carrie got several years ago. I am absolutely certain that they are sold out though. Oh well - back to partial nudity and Strongbow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try being pregnant in this heat... it sucks big time.

I'm with you on 1,2,3 and would love to indulge in #5. I have several other suggestions:

6. Have significant other retrieve frozen washcloth for head (or belly, neck, feet etc)

7. Sleep on frozen magic bag.

8. Attempt to get locked in ('accidentally' of course) to the local air conditioned movie theatre.

9. Spend spare time 'reading the ingredients' in the frozen food section of SaveOn Foods and enjoy the cold from the freezers.

10. Buy a slush machine and live off 'squishies' for the next week.

How did the interview work out?