Thursday, August 24, 2006

Boring Update

On Tuesday, I met up with Marg - a friend of my mom's - for lunch and some job hunting and career advice. We had a really nice visit. She is going to look at my resume and cover letter and give me some ideas on how to spruce it up. My mom joined us towards the end of lunch for a coffee and to drop off a couple of light-weight sweaters that she bought for me from the Bay.

After work, I went down to the job site that Robert was working so that we could have dinner together. He was in a much better mood than earlier in the day. I had been to only one other job site where Robert was working. This job was different because it was much bigger. The machine he uses to finish the cement looks like a giant lawnmower with rotating blades underneath that polish the curing concrete. I told him it looked like fun! Robert assures me that he is working and that sometimes the fumes can be a little tough to handle. Because he wound up working from around noon until 2:30 am, he had yesterday off. Since he never knows how long his shifts are going to be - he wound up going to the gym twice yesterday. Fortunately, we were able to spend some time together in between my workout and his two workouts.

On the job front - I haven't heard from any of the places I have applied to. I do have to bear in mind that it is summer time and most places aren't in hiring mode.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Heeyyyy Watson... got any UN-boring updates for us?? --.^

<3 jg