Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dozy Eyes & Sleepy Babes

After two nights of very poor sleep - I dragged my sorry butt into work yesterday. It was pretty tough to keep my eyes open. A very big part of me wanted to put my head down on my desk and take a quick nap.

My spirits and energy were rejuvenated when I went to see my friend Carrie, her husband Bryan and their new little daughter, Lily. Both Carrie and Bryan seem so relieved that she is finally here and ready to experience the world. I'm an auntie again. Since Craig and Jodi are not planning to have children, my friends' kids are the closest I will come to having nieces and nephews. So far, it has been all 'nieces'.

I do have to say that Lily is a cute little baby. She is so tiny and so quiet.

Carrie and I visited while Bryan was trying to cure his computer of the 'blue screen from hell.' When I first got there, Bryan was pretty optimistic all would be well - by the end of my visit, well that was a different story. He seemed a little sad. I hope it all worked out. If my computer went on the fritz like that, I wouldn't know how to fix it myself - so I do admire his techie skills.

I can't believe another friend of mine has a baby. I guess it is that time of our lives.

Step right up, step right up - we'll spin the 'baby wheel' and see who's next on the road to parenthood.

Aside:
I only did the following Blogthing because it made me laugh and I want to see all my other friends' results - so come one

Your Stripper Song Is

Super Freak by Rick James

"That girl is pretty wild now
The girl's a super freak
The kind of girl you read about
In new-wave magazine"

Freaky? Yes. But you're also pretty darn funny.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

O dear...

I Touch Myself by The Divinyls
"I don't want anybody else
When I think about you
I touch myself"
A total exhibitionist, you probably already are a stripper!

LOL this is what happens when you work alone for 8 hours

missmarble said...

The blue screen of death is gone, replaced with irritated husband. Our wireless network is down, so he still has to use my computer to access the 'Net, and still can't play his online game...

I hate computers...