Well last night was a long - but productive night.
Robert was working out on a massive job in Camrose yesterday, all night, and as of 9 am this morning. He phoned in between hitting the concrete - if not to help him stay awake. It sucked that he had to work all night - but any hours he works over and above 40/week will be banked and paid out on those slower weeks. So I guess it is not such a bad thing.
When I got home - I did two loads of laundry that I desperately needed to do. Once those were done I went to do some much needed grocery shopping at Safeway.
I hate that store. I would have abandoned my cart except for the fact that I pretty much had nothing left but cheese and apples. It was frustrating because it seemed that their meat department had been picked over by wolves. It has been like that the last few times I have been there. Further to that - I will never understand the shopping styles of some people. For instance, the couple that walks side by side while shopping preventing anyone else from getting by them....EVER! I was about to kill the little gay boy that kept referring to strawberry yoghurt as 'strawbewwy yoghurt'...REPEATEDLY! I thought it might be perceived as a hate crime and decided to move along.
That store needs a meditation area where you can park you cart, take a mat and practice deep breathing or visualization exercises.
On a happier note - I had a great cashier who was most helpful in getting me a cab home. Even better - my cab driver helped carry my groceries to my front door - so I guess the whole grocery shopping experience wasn't all that bad. I even got home in time to watch Big Brother 7.
No comments:
Post a Comment