My friend Carrie and I took full advantage of today's gorgeous weather and took our little kidlets out this afternoon. We started off by going to Bosom Babies, a store on 124 Street and Stony Plain Road. They had all kinds of wonderful items. I asked the store manager/owner (at least I assume she owned it) about baby slings. She kindly offered to help fit me for one and try it out with Evan. I certainly hadn't planned on trying slings on but decided to go for it. Evan was a little whiny because he has been pretty stuffed up. Once the lady settled him in a sling, he was so happy! I couldn't believe it. I had previously tried putting him in a snuggly with absolutely no success. I wasn't about to mess around with a good thing. I left him in the sling and purchased it immediately. I am so happy with it. The sling I bought is called a Little Star. I know that Carrie and I will definitely be going back to that store.
Afterwards, Carrie and I headed for a yummy lunch at Bueno Gelato. Although extremely tempted by both the Toblerone and Carmelized Hazlenut flavours - I did not indulge. I just had a sandwich and a San Pellegrino. After lunch, we zipped around MEC looking for a Christmas present and the headed to Second Cup to feed our little ones and have a leisurely beverage.
Tonight, I had just been getting Evan and I ready for our trip to Victoria. I think I am all packed with the exception of toiletries. There will no doubt be something I have forgotten.
As I type this blog entry, my little guy is still fighting his cold and has been asleep since about 7 pm. I have contemplated waking him up - but have since thought better of it.
I don't know how many people are reading thing blog - but I will try and update it from Victoria.
1 comment:
Have a great trip you two !!
Post a Comment