Thursday, December 21, 2006

The trip summary

So our trip to Victoria was very nice. Evan was a perfect angel on the flight to Victoria, and I sat next to a nice young woman from Prince George. She even helped open my pretzel snacks!

My mom was waiting there when Evan and I got off the plane. We finally settled in at my parents gorgeous new home. My mom (and dad) have spent so much time planning and executing this home build. They should be really proud. I even threatened to move out there!!

On Saturday, we picked up my cousin - whom I haven't seen in aboug 10 years! He still looks pretty much the same. After dinner, we headed down to the harbour across from the Empress Hotel to watch the decorated boats parade around. We thought there would be a lot more people - but it was still pretty.

The next day, we took a day trip. We went for breakfast and then went to a couple of beaches to walk around and watch surfers.

On Monday, I finally got my hair cut. Those who have seen me recently know that my hair had reached lengths not seen since high school. Anyway, I think it is a little shorter than I would have like - but maybe I'm just not used to it. Regardless, the guy gave me a great cut and it looks so much better right now.

On Tuesday, while my mom had choir practice, Evan and I wandered around downtown Victoria. It was a gorgeous day and we did a lot of window shopping. Let me tell you, however, The Bay Centre is not very wheelchair or stroller friendly! It is difficult to even get into that mall!!

On Thursday, my mom and I went to see 'The Holiday' at the Stars and Strollers showing out in Victoria. My mom was amazed at how busy it actually was in the theatre. She thought it was such a good idea - but was floored that it cost $10 for a movie. I don't think she has been to a movie in a while.

After a wonderful holiday - and some inclement weather - Evan and I are home for his very first Christmas. As far as he's concerned - at best, it's fun paper day!!

2 comments:

missmarble said...

I guess that means that Lily and Evan's first solid food will come in the form of paper. Everything she finds goes in her mouth...

Dallas said...

I am looking forward to seeing you, not only for the beautiful haircut, but it feels like forever since we've seen each other! I miss you!