Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Only Weekly!

Gosh, it looks like I am only updating my blog on a weekly basis. I was really hoping to update my blog more frequently. I just feel like my time has been swallowed up by the everyday routine.

Whenever Evan's napping, and sometimes when he isn't, I try and get some school work done. I'm currently taking a Health Studies course through Athabasca University. Should I get accepted into Education, this will hopefully lighten my courseload. If I'm not doing school work, I am trying to maintain a sense of order and tidiness in my apartment.

This week is proving to be a busy one already, and it's only Tuesday. Yesterday, we met up with Carrie and Lily. We managed to keep Lily's death grip away from Evan's hair this time. We walked over to Bosom Babies to check out slings for Carrie and Baby Safe feeders for both of us. Carrie came away with a gorgeous Hotsling...and Lily looked darn happy being carried around by her mom.

Afterwards, we walked over to Bueno Gelato for some lunch. While waiting for our sandwiches, the owner (I assume) was being very generous and offered us some tasty samples of their Italian ice cream. I even walked away with a small container of their lemon gelato. I plan to savour it for a while. I am allowing myself one spoonful every day. How's that for self-discipline?

Tomorrow, we have our Stars and Strollers date at West Edmonton Mall. I always look forward to seeing a movie. I don't even care what movie it is, I just like getting out amongst the living.

On Friday, we have Evan's five month check-up with his pediatrician. Robert happens to have that day off, so he will be coming with us to the appointment. He just had his immunizations on January 15, so I don't expect him to be much heavier than the 14 pounds 11 ounces he weighed in at that day. I'm guessing 15 lbs 4 oz. Stay tuned to see if I am right...and let's face it, Mommies are usually right - eh Carrie!

2 comments:

missmarble said...

You have better willpower than me - if I had that gelato sitting in my freezer, I would be too tempted! It would easily be gone in one sitting. That stuff is amazing!

I'll bet your little man is around 15 lb 9oz. He has to fit into his swimmy diapers - go Evan!

Jenn said...

hehe... call me if you need contact... i was thinking about you at Julios last week! :D