Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Heavy Lids

So here's a rundown of our day:

3:30 am-ish - Awoke to find poor Evan vomitting all over the bed. Likely a side-effect from his immunizations. The sheets were soaked, his pj's were soaked and it was all in his hair.

3:30-4:00 am - Stripped Evan down, removed sheets from my bed, put on clean sheets with major back-up (absorbant pad, receiving blankets and towel)

4:00 am - Put Evan in clean pj's and nurse him.

4:10 am - Evan vomits what he just ate. Thankfully, this didn't require another sheet change - just put receiving blankets and towel in the now growing pile of laundry.

4:20 am - Evan is as happy as can be. I'm not too eager to feed him just yet. Go into living room, sit in Poang and rock Evan to sleep while watching 'Caroline in the City' on the W Network.

5:00 am - Evan and I finally get back to bed.

6:30 am - Evan wakes up to eat.

7:30 am - Robert comes over to do relief work and Evan is up for the day.

Today, we had our Stars and Strollers date with Carrie and Lily. Evan was fine the entire time...until we got settled at home. He vomited again shortly after I fed him. He has been asleep since about 8:00 pm.

I am so ready for bed right now.

1 comment:

missmarble said...

I see your nighttime vomit, and raise you one splendid hit-mommy-from-head-to-toe vomit.

I really really hate barf. I thought that after the morning sickness was over, that I would not have to deal with it for a while. I should not have tempted the Fates by saying anything of the sort.