Thursday, June 14, 2007

Seriously?!

Well, I wasn't feeling great during the earlier part of the week - but was feeling much better for our regular get together with Carrie and Lily for Stars & Strollers. Shortly after getting home, my voice started to go. When I wake up this morning, it is gone!!!

I call Robert to let him know I am going to see a doctor. I then call my dad to let him know, and he offers to come watch Evan while I take the car to the Medicentre. Sweet!!!

I have viral laryngitis and there is nothing I can do about it but drink lots of fluids and rest my voice. For the girl who consistently got the "talks too much and disturbs others in class" comment on her report card - this has been quite difficult. While I am glad that I did not have to pick up any prescriptions - it sucks that I just have to 'wait this out.' I guess until I get a reasonable speaking voice - my means of communication will be via e-mail or this blog.

Other than having no voice, I feel perfectly normal.

While I was in the waiting room, I was able to begin reading a new book I picked up that will hopefully help me with getting Evan to fall asleep on his own. The book is called 'The No-Cry Sleep Solution' by Elizabeth Pantley. I'll give it a try and hopefully it works out for us. It was nice to be able to concentrate and focus on the book without having to manage Evan.

Otherwise - we had a pretty quiet day. Here are a couple of pictures I have taken in the last while. The one of Evan and I isn't the greatest - but I like it. The other is one I took before his bath tonight.



4 comments:

missmarble said...

Now that's one to show his first girlfriend...

Mr E, scratchin' his butt...

Keltie said...

He'd be scratching with both hands if he could stand on his own.

Auntie Tracy said...

LOL ! That's such a mom comment if I ever heard one !! That's a classic pic :-)

Dallas said...

OMG...those pics are ADORABLE!!

I have read that book, along with others and I found it pretty helpful to get Paige in a good sleeping habbit. Good for you!