Today, I faxed in my intent to return to work. I had mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I will miss spending my days with Evan. On the other, I look forward to being in the workforce again while my little boy makes new friends and plays all day.
Finding a daycare spot for Evan has been a somewhat stressful and trying experience. When I checked with one of my preferred daycares (Oliver Centre) I learned he was number 52 on their waiting list! I put him on that waiting list when he was less than a month old. I guess downtown daycares are hard to come by.
Today, I took advantage of the fact the Robert wasn't working and took off to visit some of the daycares in the area. Well, I didn't have to go very far. Right behind his pediatrician's office is Millwoods KinderKare - the first visit of the day. The assistant director gave me a tour of their beautiful facility, explained their philosophies and showed me their programming. We went to check with the Director to see if there were any openings for September. I sure wasn't holding my breath. As it turns out, one of the infants is turning 18-months in September and 'graduating' to the next level. I couldn't believe it! I felt as good about this daycare as I did about Oliver and I was being told that a spot would be available for the beginning of September.
I filled out all of the paperwork and left a deposit. I think I asked the Director twice "So...I have a spot?"
I guess I was in the right place at the right time.
Now if only that luck would appear for me on the job front.
4 comments:
Way to go !! Karma is smiling on you .. I know you will find a job you like just as fast, if not (and don't laugh when I say this ..!) I'm hiring ... :-)
ok admit it ... you laughed didn't you ?? (I did !!)
I did laugh a bit. Heck, I would do it if I could get there from Evan's day care and I could only work day shifts - have to pick Evan up by 6 pm or it's $1/minute.
Glad you found a place for Mr. E. Your job search will prove to be as successful. I know it. :)
Post a Comment