I had a wonderful weekend with my dear boy and our dear friends...but I will blog about that later.
I need some advice. I would put this forward to either of the parenting message boards I belong to, but I think this is a situation where the opinions of those close to me would matter more than those of strangers. I DO want advice from all of you...moms, not-quite-yet moms, moms with their kids in dayhomes, moms with their kids at home... You get my drift.
Today, I received a phone call from the Oliver Centre, telling me that they had a vacancy for Evan beginning in July. This is a daycare that I put Evan on the waiting list for when he was just a few weeks old. In July 2007, as I was getting ready to go back to work, he was number 52 on the list!!! Evan has been at Mill Woods Kinder Kare since September 2007 - and I have absolutely no complaints about this daycare. I would whole-heartedly recommend this daycare to anyone. BUT Oliver Centre is the daycare I have wanted him in since I first visited the centre.
Having Evan in a downtown daycare would be great - because while we are currently living in Millwoods...that may not always be the case. However, I will likely always be working downtown - as I have been for the past 7 years and counting. It just seems that having Evan downtown - in addition to it being in a highly coveted daycare (nearly 2 year waiting list) - would make our lives a lot easier.
This isn't a bad decision to make - no matter what, Evan will be in a great daycare.
HELP ME! I told them I would let them know by Thursday (May 29) morning.
3 comments:
What is your gut decision? I know how impressed you were with the focus of the Oliver Centre when you first went in. You talked about the programs and were so excited about it. With the Millwoods one, you talked more about the fact that Evan had a place to be. It wasn't so much an opportunity as a placement that you really needed, and fell into at the right time.
One nice thing about the Oliver one is that it's much easier for you to get to if he needed something. And it's closer to me if you had to drop him off if he was sick. That would allow you to go back to work after a quick trip across the river and back instead of picking him up and missing a whole day of work because you both went home.
My advice is to go for it!
What is your instict feeling on what to do? Really...my two cents are this.
GO FOR IT!! As it was relatively easy to get him in to his current daycare, I'd go out on a limb to say that you could get back in should things not work out at Oliver.
You'll always wonder and second guess yourself if you don't take advantage of trying out the "golden" daycare!!!
If there arn't many drawbacks - price? Distance? Hours? Traffic? I say go for it!
If you are going to make the switch; best do it now before Evan grows attached to his peers. Sounds like it's the best one out there - Stirling goes to Daly Grove only until September when he starts preschool.
Post a Comment