This past weekend, I managed to sun burn the tops of my hands. How does one do this you ask? Well, first you push Evan around in a stroller at the Rainmaker Rodeo for nearly 9 hours! What is even funnier is that I applied sunscreen to my face and neck and then I WASHED the sunscreen off my hands.
Lesson learned.
The Rainmaker Rodeo and Parade was so much fun. We managed to meet up with Dallas, Paige, Blake and Jackie at the parade. Evan and Paige sat so nicely on the blanket and collected all the candy that was thrown their way. Paige would obediently give the candy to Dallas or I. Evan would throw his pieces back in the parade route. I guess he was just copying the people throwing candy.
After the parade, we took the free park 'n' ride to the fair grounds. Evan took his very first amusement park ride with Paige.

After the ride, and exploring some of the activities, we settled in to watch the Monster Truck show - which I KNEW Evan would love. The show was supposed to start at 1 pm. It didn't start until nearly 2 pm...and by then Evan was asleep. My son slept through two monster trucks driving right in front of him. After the monster trucks had destroyed a few cars, we headed over to the rodeo. Paige and Evan had so much fun. They were jumping and clapping and cheering the cowboys and cowgirls along.

After the rodeo, we looked at a few more of the exhibits and put Paige and Evan on one last ride before we called it a night. Evan didn't nap that day - and this is what he was like when we reached Whitemud Trail.

WE got home at around 6:30 pm, had dinner and Evan was in bed by 8 pm.
He slept in on Sunday until 10:30 am. What a treat for mommy!
2 comments:
LOL @ burnt hands!! Can't wait to hear how the new daycare goes.
Did you poke him or hold a mirror under his nose to check if he was still breathing? LOL
Post a Comment