Monday, July 17, 2006

Shopping Bags and BBQs

So while I haven't had any more encounters with boys wearing grillz - I certainly had a busy weekend. Robert worked all weekend - so I was pretty much on my own most of the time. On Saturday, I went out to my Auntie Wendy's place for a BBQ. We had a lot of fun! Before dinner, we all had a swim in their outdoor pool. We had an amazing dinner. Filet mignon, potatoes, salad, baked beans, grilled peppers, onions and mushrooms and fresh bread! For dessert, we had Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Top that off with a few alcoholic beverages - and I was a happy lady! We had a really good visit with Wendy and her husband Dave. They were very instrumental in helping me move into the apartment. In fact, if it were up to Dave, we would have moved everything in on that one Saturday they helped. Both he and my Aunt Wendy have health issues, so my family and I had to put our foot down and tell them they had done enough. But I digress...

Yesterday, my mom and I went shopping - even though I was not in the mood. We needed to exchange some pants and tops she had purchased for me at Talbots. We came away with another pair of black pants and a super cute black and white skirt.





Well - we hadn't counted on buying the skirt, so we had to go to Addition-Elle at Kingsway to find a top to go with the skirt. The top that I liked at Addition-Elle wasn't available in my size - so they're bringing it in from another store and my mom will pick it up this week. As much as I was not in the mood to try on clothes - I will be very accomodating, especially when my mom is paying! There was another skirt at Talbots that I really liked and I will probably go back and purchase on my own.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I'm envious, I have been staring longingly at all the spring, then summer and now fall clothes. I can't wait to buy something new, that doesn't come from Thyme or the Old Navy Maternity collection.
It doesn't help that I feel huge and I hate everything in my closet. I feel like I have been wearing the same thing for a million years. If it was winter I could hide behind gigantic sweaters and my parka...

Anonymous said...

I like the yellow skirt! Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

OOH! Cyooooot!

<3 the shopping. haven't gone shopping in like, forEVER.

enjoy the new duds!!