Well, not technically kidnapped since I voluntarily let my parents take him.
Today, my parents picked up Evan at around 11 am. After some very specific instructions - absolutely no food (Dad)- they were off to lunch out in Sherwood Park and told me they would be back between 4 and 5 this afternoon.
So there I was...by myself in my apartment for the first time in almost 6 months. What was I supposed to do? After quickly chatting with my friend Carrie - I hunkered down and got to work.
I cleaned my apartment from top to bottom. I don't think it has been this spotless since my parents cleaned it when I was in the hospital having Evan. I took some breaks to focus on my Health Studies Course. When it was all done, I took a very long, hot shower and enjoyed a leisurely late lunch.
Shortly before 5 pm, my parents showed up with Evan. They tell me that he was very very good today. He didn't cry or fuss when they went to their friends' for lunch. He had a short nap in the afternoon and he even managed to drink a bit from the bottle. That being said, when my parents left Evan was super hungry and fell asleep while eating.
I think my parents really wore him out today. While Evan and I were in the shower, he lay his head on my chest and fell asleep. It was very very sweet.
I thought leaving him for such a long period of time was going to be a lot more difficult. I know it will still be hard when I have to leave him in daycare when I go back to school or work. Having that little bit of time to myself today was a nice treat.
Thanks Mom & Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment