I have had one of the strangest days one could possibly have.
Firstly, the Stars and Strollers movie today was 'The Number 23' I think for the first time ever, Carrie and I didn't know whether or not we liked the movie. I don't think I have ever walked away from a movie feeling that way.
Later on, before I went to catch my bus, I sat down to eat my ice cream and nurse Evan. Picture this:
Evan fooling around, playing, and coming up for air while I nurse him in a busy West Edmonton Mall. Most people are walking by without looking or even noticing. Then - these three men decked out in full biker gear see that I'm nursing a baby and not only do they not avoid eye-contact, they are even smiling at us. Carrie figures they have children that are (or have been) breastfed.
On the bus ride home, I can hear the very faintest strains of music. Let me paint you Picture number 2 of the day:
A man in his late 20s early 30s wearing contractor overalls, work boots and a hat. He looks like a bigger guy with a bit of a beer belly. I can finally figure out what music he is listening and grooving to on his MP3 Player...
'Buttons' by the Pussy Cat Dolls.
What a strange day. I can only wonder what tomorrow will bring.
1 comment:
I know what you meant about the breastfeeding incident but everytime I read it I think of these big hairy biker dudes being fed themselves... /laugh i need a vacation *<{:oD
Post a Comment