Monday, April 30, 2007

Busy Times!

I cannot believe it has been so long since my last blog post - irresponsible blogging on my part.

We have had such a busy week, especially with the beautiful spring weather we have been waiting so long for. After visiting the ladies at my dad's office (by request), I decided to stop by a nearby park to see how Evan would like his first outdoor swing ride. Of course...he loved it. He wouldn't stop giggling.


We finally got to put the quilt my Aunt Susan made to good use. After playing with his toys for a while, Evan discovered twigs and leaves. He even somehow managed to get leaves down my shirt.



On Saturday, we went to P.'s birthday party. She is now a big girl at two years old. Evan was very good too. When he wasn't sitting and playing by himself, he was quite content to be held and bounced by whomever was willing.

On Sunday, we had our 10 am swimming lessons at Grant MacEwan. It is so easy for Evan and I to get there and home. I just put him the sling and head on my way. Just like last week, he fell alseep on the way home and slept for almost 3 hours. All that swimming must wear him out.

Today, I took Evan to the Woodcroft Public Health Centre to have him weighed and measured. He is still not quite 17 pounds - he's 16 lbs & 9 oz. I briefly spoke with the nurse about his growth and how he is eating. I know I have nothing to worry about - but it's hard not to get a little anxious when things aren't going how you expect them to. I try to remind myself everyday that I should expect the unexpected.

Tomorrow, I'm meeting up with D. and Sweet P. They're keeping me company while some windows are being installed in my parents' condo. Depending on the weather, and the time, we will either go to the Zoo or to Borden Park for a picnic. If we go to the Zoo, I PRAY Lucy the Elephant does not remember me.

No comments: