So you know the old saying "A Watched Pot Never Boils"?
Well, a pot that is ignored because you are playing with your son eventually burns all the way to the bottom and not only leaves a yucky mess on the bottom of the pot, but leaves the carrots you were steaming with a funny taste.
I know...a run on sentence, but that is exactly what happened last night. I was steaming carrots in a basket and the water boiled all the way down. Oops!!
So I tried again today with greater success.
We've been taking it pretty easy since getting home last week. Easter was quiet with my parents away in BC (and now in Africa) and my brother and SIL...well I don't know what they did.
Yesterday, I bought a new carseat for Evan from this fabulous couple in SE Edmonton. They are a same-sex couple (two men) who have adopted two children. Their newest baby is 3 1/2 months old. He, like Evan, is also bi-racial. We spent about 20 minutes chatting and trading stories. Their little guy was sooooo cute. Unlike Evan, he only had a few wisps of hair. They were such great and easy going guys and they seemed like great parents. I'm really glad that they were fortunate enough to experience parenthood.
Anyway, Evan is asleep and I should be doing one of the following:
1. Go to bed too.
2. Do housework.
3. Take a bath.
I'll update tomorrow and let you know what I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment