Monday, June 19, 2006

Father's Day (aka - my SIL is dense)

We celebrated Father's Day at my parents' condo yesterday evening. We spent some time on their patio with some cold drinks. It was so nice until...my sister-in-law had to open her mouth and ask Robert if he talked to his kids today! I seemed to remember going over the touchy subject of Robert's kids with my family last year...as in we don't bring them up as a topic of conversation. Robert just said he hasn't talked to them in over 5 years. She started carrying on about isn't there something he could do to get visitation through the courts. Robert just walked away and I told her to drop it. OMG...is she retarded? Doesn't she think that he has already done all of those things? We were just going to take a bus home, but Craig offered to drive us...actually he insisted.

Anyway...aside from that, the progress on my parents' home in Victoria is coming along nicely. They told us last night that since they are putting as much of the house as possible on VISA (for the airmiles), they want to take the 4 of us kids on a holiday in fall 2007 to either Ireland, France or Italy. We were pretty happy to hear that news, although I don't think the prospect of travelling with my SIL is very appealing right now for myself or Robert. Oh well, that is sometime down the line.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The joys of being a family. You can't live with them, and you can't live without them.

Keltie said...

Mostly, it's just you can't kill them and you can't smack them upside the head!


I should do a yoga or meditation class.

Anonymous said...

I vote for France...I'm running out of good soap, and they have the best food. Although Italy is a close second...

Sounds like she needs to stick to basic conversations about clothes, shoes and makeup, and avoid the rest!

Anonymous said...

... just to be the devil's advocate I gotta say that she probably meant well with her comments- just didn't acutally think about how her words would be perceived/affect the audience... I above all people know how to stick my foot in it and not mean any harm... but on the other hand

OMG what the hell was she thinking???????????????????????????????? Yikes.

Anonymous said...

umm... and just to point out that I made up a new word- "acutally." LOL not sure what it means, but maybe something like "acTUally." :P

Keltie said...

You're probably right. I was more upset than Robert was. He just thinks that she doesn't think about anyone but herself.

I just needed to vent on someone - can't vent on my family.