Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Interviews: 2 Me: 0

Yesterday, I found out the I did not get the mental health board job. I know it is only two interviews but it is a little frustrating. I'm trying to keep my job hunt low-key and kind of hidden from my co-workers and current employer. I have to come up with all kinds of excuses for why I am leaving in the middle of the day. I'm just a little frustrated because while I am hunting so hard, Robert gets phone calls on a weekly basis from various companies - and he can pretty much name his wage. I know it's not his fault - it's just the career path he has chosen and the fact that he doesn't drink or do drugs on the job. Anyway, I know something will come my way. At least I can take comfort in the fact that I have a job that has full benefits, a pension and it pays the bills.

Today, I go for dental cleaning - part deux! About a month ago, I went for a cleaning and checkup for the first time in about three years. Woops!! While I didn't have any cavities or anything - I was informed that I would need to do the cleaning over a course of two appointments so that my gums don't get too sore. For the past week, I've had to do a special oral rinse in preparation for this appointment. The rinse is meant for people with gingivitis. I was just using it on a temporary basis so my gums aren't too inflamed when they do the cleaning. The rinse is pretty gross and for about an hour after I have done the rinse, food has a weird taste. Hopefully, I do not have to continue using it after today's appointment.

I have updated the links in my blog to include my cousin Claire's blog. She just left on Monday for a year long Rotary Youth Exchange. She will be spending a year in Sweden. Claire is a bright young woman and I think this will be a great experience for her.

I will sign off now, but in keeping with today's theme -

Your Career Type: Artistic

You are expressive, original, and independent.
Your talents lie in your artistic abilities: creative writing, drama, crafts, music, or art.

You would make an excellent:

Actor - Art Teacher - Book Editor
Clothes Designer - Comedian - Composer
Dancer - DJ - Graphic Designer
Illustrator - Musician - Sculptor

The worst career options for your are conventional careers, like bank teller or secretary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The reason you didn't get the job is that fate is holding out for that fantastic job, that it's current holder is not ready to leave yet, but will be doing so very quickly...and you will be needed to step up right away. I just FEEL it!!!

Anonymous said...

Third time's the charm? I think Dallas is right - it's there, just waiting in the wings for you.

Hang in there honey!