Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Big Day

So yesterday was a big day for Evan and I. Luckily, we were able to share a part of it with Carrie and Lily.

Yesterday, we had our very first swimming lessons at Hardisty pool. Lily and Evan were the newbies of the class - but they each floated like pros. While, like Carrie, I didn't know the words to a lot of the sing-a-long songs, I had a lot of fun playing in the water with my little tadpole. I think we're going to have a lot of fun. Later on in the change room, Evan exacted his revenge on Lily for pulling his hair. Her little feet decked in pink leather shoes were far too great a temptation. He leaned over and stuck Lily's foot in his mouth. Luckily, Lily has a good sport and didn't kick him in the teeth...or at least where his teeth are going to be.

Later that night, my mom and I went to our monthly book club meeting. Not only did my mom happen to be in town for the meeting - she even read the book. A greater surprise still - I read the book. The selection this month was 'Night' by Elie Wiesel. It was a first-hand account of surviving a concentration camp in WWII. It was a short book (120 pages). While it was easy to get through and finish the book - the content wasn't always easy to swallow. It was very well written and I would highly recommend it. Anyone who would like to borrow it is most certainly welcome.

Today, I had a writing test for a Public Affairs Officer position with the Public Affairs Bureau with the Government of Alberta. As expected, the writing test involved writing a news release and a communications plan. Would you believe that one candidate showed up 25 minutes late?? Anyway, I know this is just step one of many more to come. I'm sure there will be at least one more interview. The salary and benefits package are great for this job. The only downside to potentially accepting this job is that I would be cutting my maternity leave short by a few months. I guess in the grand scheme of things, a couple of months aren't a big deal...especially if it means making the right career move for Evan and me.

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Oh Keltie, I am soooo keeping my fingers crossed for you! I so badly want you to be happy in your carreer.

Nice photo of swimming. Great times - enjoy them!

Jenn said...

OO good luck with that sweetie! Like I said to D, we need to gather and bond one of these days soon...