Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Adventures in Barbecuing...would you buy a package of shrimp skewers marked down to 97 cents?

So, we finally got to use the barbecue last night. Robert and I met up at Save on Foods to pick out our dinner for the night. They were out of New York Steak at the butcher, so we picked up some marinated steaks instead. Before Robert got there, I noticed they had packs of 3 skewers of shrimp. They were orginally priced at nearly $3.00 and were marked down to 97 cents. I was very aprehensive to buy the shrimp, so I didn't even mention it to Robert...until after dinner. He says I should have bought them, but I said I was a little suspicious of buying seafood marked down to one third of the price. So, please feel free to share with me what you would have done.

Anyway, after numerous light attempts and working out the kinks, we finally had our first barbecued steak...and it was pretty darn good.

Today's insight into my life -

Your French Name is:

Diamanta Jobin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have bought them either...if they were bad...ewww that aftermath would have been hell!!! Definetly not worth 2.00 in savings!!

Anonymous said...

Hello from Brigitte Boulonde....otherwise known as Carrie.

The shrimp - no way! Even though I don't eat seafood of any kind, especially shellfish (sea bugs!) I would have to wonder what had been done to the shrimp so that they had been marked down...

Besides, buying shrimp in Edmonton is kind of like buying beef in Halifax....